Discussion of Integral calculus

A forum set up for physics questions from students in the courses PHYS1121, 1131, 1221 and 1331 at the University of New South Wales. It is intended for questions that cannot readily be answered in class,
either because they fall outside the main syllabus and therefore would be distraction (however interesting) or for other reasons.

Moderator: msmod

Boris Lagutin

Re: Discussion of Integral calculus

Postby Boris Lagutin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:18 am

Hello,

My paradox proof is based on the following. As I can see, the current conception of the function differentiability is based on the statement that h in the definition of the derivative (limit) goes to zero but not equal to zero, however, the current limit in the definition of the derivative uses h=0, i.e. the limit does not depend on h at all. Therefore, based on the current conception of the function differentiability, I take the limit in the definition of the derivative as h goes to zero but not equal to zero, and compare it with the current limit in the definition of the derivative as h=0. I will post an updated proof later.
Also, I offer to try distinguishing values of slopes of functions "tangent lines" from "existing or real" rates, i.e. "non-existing" rates that are defined by the current limit from "existing" rates which are defined by the limit as h goes to zero but not equal to zero.

Have a nice day.
Boris Lagutin
student

Boris Lagutin

Re: Discussion of Integral calculus

Postby Boris Lagutin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am

Hello Everybody,

I have added a summary to my foundation of the paradox (attachments, 2 pages). I think that the summary could matter for physics and engineering. I do not have free time to update the proof of the paradox.

Thank you.
Attachments
Updated_foundation_6.15.2017_page1.PNG
Updated_foundation_6.15.2017_page1.PNG (153.02 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Updated_foundation_6.15.2017_page2.PNG
Updated_foundation_6.15.2017_page2.PNG (212.16 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Boris Lagutin
student

Return to “Physics Questions”