What is beyond Newton's and Einstein's discoveries?

A forum set up for physics questions from students in the courses PHYS1121, 1131, 1221 and 1331 at the University of New South Wales. It is intended for questions that cannot readily be answered in class,
either because they fall outside the main syllabus and therefore would be distraction (however interesting) or for other reasons.

Moderator: msmod

Boris Lagutin

Re: What is beyond Newton's and Einsteins's discoveries?

Post by Boris Lagutin »

First of all I would like to in advance say sorry for my stupidity. But what if the effects of "time dilation", "length contraction" are caused by changing systems with respect to an observer? In other words, system's properties change with respect to an observer depending on relations between a system and an observer (another system). I think of "speed" in this case. However, in the movie The Fabric of Cosmos: Illusion of Time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabric_of_the_Cosmos scientists tell about "Time" as a natural occurrence and relate the changes with time changing if I understood right. However, does my point above contradict any experimental observations? I don't see that.

thanks.
Last edited by Boris Lagutin on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boris Lagutin

Post by Boris Lagutin »

"...depending on relations between a system and an observer (another system)..." is possibly laying in the space structure. Just my contemplation.

Thanks.
Boris Lagutin

Post by Boris Lagutin »

In my opinion, the facts contained in a movie based on "The Fabric of Cosmos: Time and the Quantum" may partially be a support to my thoughts (maybe I totally mistake I just study college introductory physics) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabric_of_the_Cosmos

thanks.
Last edited by Boris Lagutin on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boris Lagutin

Post by Boris Lagutin »

I don't expect anybody continues this discussion. In any case I hope I return to topics covered in this discussion when I will be better prepared for it. One of advantages posting here is fixing thoughts and ideas (not only reading interesting comments, posts and links).

Thanks a lot.
Boris Lagutin

Re: What is beyond Newton's and Einstein's discoveries?

Post by Boris Lagutin »

Hello,

To sum up, I release just my contemplation. It is interesting whether it may be possible to describe natural occurrences happening in macro-world, including but not limited wave occurrences, and in micro-world (quantum physics) by using one common method for their interpretation which could remove paradoxical points in quantum physics. I think, to do it we should look at the world around us in a different way. I seem that even wave natural processes could be described in a new way. I am contemplating about it now.

All the best,
Boris Lagutin.